Jumia is growing to be the largest online shopping platform not only in Kenya but other African countries. Formerly known as Africa Internet Group, Jumia was founded in 2012 in Lagos Nigeria. Since then, it has witnessed a steady and lucrative growth to becoming Africa’s number one online shopping platform.
In 2015, Jumia launched its affiliate marketing program to enable blog owners and social media users to make money by promoting its products. In a different post, I have explained in details the different ways you can use to make money using the Jumia affiliate program in Kenya.
In this post, I will be giving you the step by step guide on how to register for the Jumia Affiliate program and start making money right away. Keep in mind that the Jumia affiliate program applies to many countries and it is therefore important that you carefully follow this guide to make sure that you do not promote products from the Kenyan Jumia website using say, a Nigerian affiliate campaign. Many people have admitted making this mistake and ended up not making any commissions at all.
Before you register…
WHY YOU SHOULD REGISTER FOR THE JUMIA AFFILIATE PROGRAM
There are many affiliate programs in Kenya that do not live up to their promises. Jumia affiliate program is not one of those. It is trustworthy and many people have actually admitted making money with it. Here are a few reasons why you should consider registering for the Jumia Affiliate Program in Kenya.
1. Jumia Kenya has the largest product base. Many business owners have realized the profitability of selling their products online considering that over 50% of the Kenyan population is now online. This means that you have on your disposal alot of products to promote. Good affiliate marketing ethics though, require that you promote only products from one category, for example electronics. Do not be overwhelmed by the many products and opt to try and promote everything. You will get nowhere that way.
2. Jumia Kenya is trustworthy. We all know about Jumia. You have probably even bought something from Jumia in the past. You know how it works. You know it exists. Jumia has a brand and credibility for itself. It is public and people in Kenya know about it. These should be reasons enough to convince you that the Jumia affiiliate program is not some spammy thing trying to waste your time and give you nothing in return.
3. Great customer service. The Jumia customer care desk is on standby to answer your questions anytime of the day. Being a public company, they hire only professional customer care assistants and you are therefore guaranteed great support as an affiliate partner. Feel free to contact the customer support anytime if you have any issues.
4. You can promote products anywhere. Once you generate an affiliate link, the Jumia affiliate program allows you to share it anywhere and start earning commissions. You can share the links on Facebook, twitter, Google+ or even on an email message to a friend. Unlike other programs like Amazon Associates that do not allow sharing of affiliate links on social platforms like Facebook, Jumia gives you more flexibility and allows you to earn more commissions.
5. You can be paid through M-pesa. Jumia affiliate program gives you the option of collecting payments through M-pesa. As a Kenyan, this a huge advantage since other services like banks and PayPal are costly.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER
Now that you are ready to register for the Jumia affiliate program, here are a few things you need to make sure you have before registering.
- A social media account i.e Facebook, twitter, Google+ e.t.c
- M-pesa number/bank account
HOW TO REGISTER
If you have all of the above requirements, you are ready to head over to Jumia and sign up for an account.
Once you are in the affiliate dashboard, click on Sign Up. You will be given a form to fill. After there the process is pretty simple.
After creating an acount, you will be given your own unique ID. This is a special number that will be used to track your sales. Every affiliate link you share should have your unique ID for you to earn commissions when people make purchases using your link.
After singing up, Log In to your affiliate dashboard and make the following modifications.
PROVIDE YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS
For you to earn commissions, you need to set up a payment method. To do this follow the following steps.
1. On the sidebar menu, click on payment
2. Choose Country as Kenya.
3. For the Payment method, choose M-pesa or bank transfer. If you need faster widthrawal of commissions, you should choose M-pesa.
4. Provide your M-pesa mobile number or bank account number.
5. Click on save Information.
That’s it! You are now ready to start making money with the Jumia affiliate program.
If you still have any questions on topics I have not covered in this article, please let me know in the comments section.